Thursday, July 28, 2011

Updating my fairytale

I went with my old roomate to see Friends with Benefits last night. I loved the movie it was halarious. The movie also had some point that I need to remember. Not that I am in a friends with benefits situation but more about life and love. At one point in the movie the mother is telling her daughter she needs to update her fairytale. She goes on to stay that getting swept off her feet isn't going to work for her because she simply isn't that girl. She needs a partner in life, one she can look towards the future together with.

I completely agree with that assessment. I am the same way. I am terrified of getting into a marriage that I think I want at the time and then slowly watching it fall apart. I am super independent and strong willed. I think, I also need to update my fairytale. I don't need to be sweep off my feet. Just the analogy makes me feel sick. Being out of control is not something I deal well with. If there is a hint of clingy or controlling tendencies, I run. Finding a partner to share my life with sounds so much better. I need someone who does not try to dictate my life but lets me chose my life and supports me in it. I would do the same for them. Maybe I have this all wrong since I am still so very single but I think this is what I am looking for in a man. Not Prince Charming but a Partner


5 comments:

  1. I completely agree! I'm a total romantic but I don't want a partner who is controlling but who wants to be with me and be willing to take life's challenges together! xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo true! A guy can't "save" you, but he can walk beside you and help you become a better you, (and vice versa!) Definitely an adventure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agreed with updating my fairytale, that movie was so good/hilarious/inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear this movie was good. I kinda want to see it but was afraid it'd be like that Ashton Kutcher/Natalie Portman movie from last year.

    Lovely blog, btw!

    xo,
    Stephanie (Big Mario Life)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really good. Slightly raunchy but what is really expected.

    ReplyDelete