Tuesday, July 26, 2011

1st Paycheck

I will be living with my dad a couple of months to save some money. What I am about to say totally contradicts my saving goal.....I already have a list of things to buy ha. BADDDDDDDD........

My First Paycheck List:
1. New Camera - mine has been through 5 years of college...this includes but not limited to, being dropped, having things spilit on it, hanging out in my back pocket, and many other things have happened to my poor camera. I love taking pictures but without a camera my picture chances are limited. I just need a simple point and click camera. I have a Cannon Powershot right now and I still love it. Does anyone have any ideas for cameras?

2. New Clothes- The past 5 years, I have gone to college in a small town. This small town is about an hour and a half from decent shopping. Therefore, my clothes are old and outdated. Don't get me wrong, when I go home, I shop but that can only do so much for my wardrobe. I, also, need teaching attire. I will be teaching high school, the less tight or revealing the outfit the better. This knocks out a lot of my clothes. Not that I am a hoochie, I just have normal college girl clothes. I need adult ones now.



3. A Car!!!- I know your thinking, "wow, that is stupid", but give me a chance to explain. I have been saving for this car for a while. It has been hard because, I have been paying for my graduate school myself. Due to a scholarship and other great financial things, I now have around $3,500 in savings. I do not want to spend it all in case something happens but a good chunk is going to my new car. My grandparents also saved money for me as a child, instead of getting me toys every holiday. I have 2,500 in that savings account, THANK YOU, Mimi and Papa. I won't be using any of my first paycheck. I just want to wait till I get it so I know money is in the bank. So, I think I am prepared enough for a new car. Give my mom money for insurance for a year, put a good down payment down, and sell my car that I drive now. Let's hope this goes the way I am planning.


The SUV I want. It is in my price range too!!








  I plan on doing just that. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I love that SUV!! I have really been wanting one lately. I have a Camry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO do I.....I have been wanting it for about a year now. I am about to have the money to afford it so YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all great things to spend money on! Believe me, I'm a girl obsessed with clothes and cameras. I spend more on those two things than I ever want my husband to know about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting times:-) You go girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete