Monday, February 27, 2012

My Students Say The Darndest Things

Except this time it isn't the funny version.......


One of my students had been absent for 2 weeks.....yes, 2 WEEKS.

She had finally turned in her makeup work the previous Friday. On Friday, she comes asking for her grade. I tell her

me-"I don't have an accurate grade because I haven't graded all your work yet."
her-"I really need that grade miss."
me- "Well, I am sorry. (pointing to the massive pile of papers to be graded) As you can see I have a huge stack and I am slowly making my way through it all"
her- "Isn't it your job to grade our papers?"
me- (I am going to kill a child!!!) "No, it is my job to teach you. Which, I have done all week and haven't had the time to grade your makeup work."


UFIWIUBWUIRVNWNCVWIE

The nerve of that kiddo. She really thought that it was my job to grade her MAKEUP work in a timely fashion. I understand, that it had been a week but it is the end of the 6 weeks. I have huge stacks of things to grade and only a 45 minute planning period to do it!!!!!

Most of the time, I love my students. On Friday, I wanted to bang my head against the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment