Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Movie Quotes

I cannot get enough of quotes. I use them in my classroom. I post them on my bathroom mirror. I recite them in normal conversation. Movie quotes are some of my favorites. I thought I would share quotes from the movies in the previous post.

Drive Me Crazy

Chase: She's the kinda girl that will call you on your bullshit. She isn't afraid to dance and she offers to pay. She doesn't decide before a date whether or not she's gonna kiss you; she's not earnest, yet she's not completely ironic either... She orders dessert and she can be ready in ten minutes.


Mr. Hammond: Are you stoned? You can tell me you know, I'd be cool.
Chase: Yeah I know you'd be cool.
Mr. Hammond: What is that supposed to mean?
Chase: It means I've read your yearbook. "Onward through the fog. Light up and party, have sex be free. We're the class of '73."
Mr. Hammond: Are you stoned?
Chase: Dad, until you come in here and you see a black light and a felt Led Zepplin poster, rest easy.

Lord of the Rings

Gandalf:  Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.


Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.


Gimli: Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Burlesque

Christina Aguilera: How much to Los Angeles?
Ticket Guy: One way or round trip?
Christina Aguilera: Are you kidding right?



No comments:

Post a Comment