Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Things My Student Say

Student: "Awwww, f**k"
Me: "LANGUAGE
Student: "Oh, yeah, sorry, ........damn it is bright out"
Me: "Really, LANGUAGE..."
Student: "That is not a cuss word, it is a technological innovation" (We had just talked about dams the day before in geography. So, I kind of laughed.....not going to lie.

In athletics
"Coach, I cut my finger so I can't do crunches"

Me: "What continent is the Great Wall of China located?"
About 5 students: "China"

After handing out a test review
Student: "Is this stuff going to be on the test?"
Me: "sdfuhybwigeuhnwiugr" <--------- and I really do that

Student: Hey, soooo can you just pretend that I have a 100 in this class when you talk to my mom at the parent conference?

Student: "You don't have kids?"
Me: "Uhhh, no"
Student: "Your like 23 right? That's old, my sister has 4 kids and she's 23."


Student: "Ms. W, you look really tired or sick. Are you pregnant?"
Me: "I have very little makeup on and really?

I am eating apples and peanut butter....

"Ms. W, are you pregnant? Because you are always eating funny things...."

This is face I am usually thinking about making. I use hand gestures a lot too, especially when I am annoyed.

2 comments:

  1. So, I just came across your blog and started reading this post thinking you were talking about elementary schoolers...then I read your profile and you're a high school teacher! Holy cow.
    I imagine I said some pretty amusing things in high school, too, but...really?!
    P.S. I laughed out loud at your "Huh?!" face :)

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you would think I was talking about 5 year olds, not HIGH SCHOOLERS!!!! Sadly, this is not the case. I do sometimes slip on hiding my facial expressions and they all laugh but it gets the point across that I am generally flabergasted!!!!

      Delete